Frank Oleynick exemplifies how an organized, instructional, consistent approach to basketball can pay off in the long run.
A product of Bridgeport, Connecticut, Frank excelled at every level of basketball from peewee all the way to the NBA. His disciplined practice routine, which mirrors principles applied in the Future Stars program, led him to All-League and All-State status at Notre Dame High School. He next received an All-American selection at Seattle University. As only a junior incollege, Frank was chosen by the Seattle Supersonics of the NBA as the 12th overall draft pick and played for the legendary Bill Russell.
Frank's basketball accomplishments as a player are equaled by his success as a basketball-campcounselor, guest lecturer, director, coach and business person.
His dedication, drive and special insight into the game make his programs a cut above and an invaluable resources for Future Stars participants.
- First-Round Draft Choice – Seattle Supersonics -12th Overall Pick
- All-American Selection, Seattle University
- Selected MVP of West Coast Athletic Conference
- Top-10 Scorer Division I, Two Years in a Row – 27 PPG
- #1 in the Country – 89% Free Throw Percentage
- Selected to Silver Anniversary Team (25-Year History of the West Coast Athletic Conference)
- Represented the U.S. in World Games
- Notre Dame High School, Fairfield, Connecticut
- First-Team All-State
- Founded Future Stars Basketball Academy in 1997 Now serving over 20,000 Boys and Girls in Connecticut, Rhode Island, New York, New Jersey, California and Seattle